Although all PS Vita games have digital versions, rare occasions where legal issues arise (e.g. licenses expiring) force certain titles to be rendered no longer available for purchase. Generally, existing owners can still redownload the title, but may have to go through their download list in order to do so. Also, as the Vita can only support a single account, games from regions other than your main account’s must be played from physical card copies, and cannot download any DLC or other items requiring the store.
Titles which are no longer available
- Michael Jackson: The Experience
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (as well as all DLC)
- Taiko no Tatsujin V Chinese version (has exclusive Chinese songs. DLC requires non-Japanese Asian PSN account bound to Vita. Game is incompatible with PSTV. Japanese version of game with exclusive Japanese songs is available on Japanese PSN.)
The following are full budget titles that are only available digitally
- Final Fantasy X-2 (if you purchase Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, it will come with Final Fantasy X on a Vita card and a download code for Final Fantasy X-2. Only the Asian versions of Final Fantasy X-2 are available on a physical card. There is also no way to officially purchase the Western versions of either X or X-2 individually).
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red (physical copies will be available in North America, but in limited quantities and only through EB Games and Gamestop).